Start-rite Shoes is one of the UK’s most recognized children’s footwear brands. With 220 years of experience and expertise, Start-rite are dedicated to creating quality, durable, stylishand fitted footwear designed for children of all ages and stocked in over 35 countries.
Start-rite Shoes required a full upgrade of their Magento installation. They wanted a new site that would:
- Provide an unique environment to help reinforce the brand USP – the importance of fitted shoes - to their customer base
- Improve operational efficiency with seamless connection with Prima, their order management/inventory platform
- Include enhancements such as search engine optimization and tools for merchandising
- Update Start-rite’s tools for social integration and customer interaction
- Provide an easy-to-use content management and operational information system
- Cater for diverse access devices including mobile
- Provide a platform to support private sales and viral marketing techniques
"The new site is the first step in Start-rite aim of continuously innovating on how children shoes are fitted. You were all great to work with which made my life so much easier"
Start-rite Shoes’s team have been working with Flint since May 2011. In 2013 Flint Technology delivered a Magento Enterprise solution with a number of custom additions specifically for Start-rite. This included:
- Full Mobile Infrastructure
- Sophisticated stock availability grid functionality for product pages
- Price functionality adjustments – to allow child product pricing to be utilised instead of parent product
- Mega dropdown menus
- Integration to Feefo, a third party reviews service
- Store locator services
- Multi select Ajax driven guided navigation
To give full operational control and visibility, Flint extended their widely used ‘InterActions’ platform to manage the flow and synchronization of data between Magento and the Prima platform. This integration has delivered both real-time and file based communications between the two platforms, and included configuration to ensure the optimal balance of site performance and timely reporting.
The site launched in early July 2013 and immediately boosted conversion rates by approximately 40%. Both Start-rite’s customer and Start-rite’s staff are thrilled with the new Magento site. With the new site, Start-rite’s staff have much more control on how they market and merchandise their products, and their integration with Prima gives them full functionality to monitor and audit the exchange of information between platforms. To prepare for a fully integrated and automated email marketing strategy, Start-rite is working with Flint and RedEye to continuously optimize and increase conversion and ROI.
Boosted conversion rates by 40%